Sunday, January 10, 2010

Burning Secrets

So I now know why my Regency counterpart asked her sister to burn her letters and I can understand why Cassandra did it. I will admit that I have been going through what one may call personal turmoil, but it has made me realize that there are memories and people that one would like to forget and not want anyone else to know about....especially in the area of someone we once loved. Although I can't help but wonder did Jane have some idea that she would become famous? Or did she not want other people in her family circle to know her secrets. I cannot burn or have my sister burn my letters. I can however throw away pictures, gifts, cards and mementos. Although it might actually be more fulfilling to burn them. I could be like Hedda Gabler.....burn little baby, burn. Okay perhaps that's a little drastic and a little scary. But I understand my Regency counterpart better.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean and could not say it any better than you did here.

    ReplyDelete